Connecting people with neglected, abandoned, and abused horses
Our mission is to find forever homes for the horses, to help connect them with someone willing to care for and love them, and give them the respect that they need and deserve
The 30 acres that now belong to Noble Hill Horse Rescue began as part of William Penn's land tract. In 1777, it ended up in the hands of a Revolutionary soldier by the name of Captain Thomas Whiteside. He received it as compensation for losing a limb in the war and began his own farming operation.
Patricia Astheimer purchased the land in 2001 to found Noble Hill. Since then she has rescued over 400 horses and currently cares for about 40 on the property.
Some 240 years after Whiteside's ownership, the story of the land has come full circle! It continues to be a working landscape where dozens of horses graze peacefully and await their forever homes. The rescue continues its dedication to veterans by inviting members of the military to work with the horses and learn how to care for them. This has established Noble Hill as a place of healing for both, humans and horses.
The rescue could not exist without the dedication of our volunteers and we're always looking for help in every aspect of operation!